This is the product of having leftover candy in the house and me forcing Aaron to do something with it or it would go in the trash. I underestimated his baking skills as he quickly turned miniature temptations into a 9”x13” tray of utter indulgence.
It probably would have been healthier to just eat the candy. <sigh>
Try having just one. I dare you.
// RECIPE //
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped assorted candy bar (candy bar minis)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat flour, baking powder and salt for about 1 minute (just until well combined).
- Fold in chopped candy bars.
- Line a 9” x 13” baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour in blondie mixture and spread out until level and even.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let pan cool on a wire rack.
- Remove blondies from pan and cut into squares.