// RECIPE //
[from Nutrition Stripped]
- 1 cup homemade walnut butter (1½ cups chopped walnuts made into a butter or use store bought)
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, oregano (optional)
- Preheat oven for 350F degrees. Using your Vitamix or food processor make the walnut butter by pouring walnuts into the machine and blending until smooth- can take up to 8 minutes, scrape the sides every minute.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the walnut butter, maple syrup, and 4 eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Next add almond flour, baking soda, optional dried herbs, and flaxseed until combined.
- Using coconut oil, grease a 5 x 9 inch bread loaf pan (silicon preferred).
- Spread the dough evenly into the bread loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven once cooked and let cool for at least 1 hour before removing from the pan, further cool before slicing.
- Store: in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks, or slice and individually wrap slices in foil and store in the freezer for a month.