I spent last week discovering “New Nordic Cuisine” in Stockholm; it was deliciously fresh, expressive of the current season and beautifully presented. But as the trip came to an end I was left with one craving: a classic burger.
This recipe, with the tasty mix of herbs, Worcestershire and HP sauce, will satisfy anyone's burger craving. And it’s quick to make! Even better.
// RECIPE //
:: Beef Burger ::
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cups onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup HP sauce (or A1)
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 burger buns and toppings of your choice
- Suggested toppings: cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickles (homemade! we'll be posting our favorite pickling recipes soon!), jalapenos (homemade!), grilled or caramelized onions, avocado, guacamole and salsa (homemade!)
- In a small frying pan heat olive oil and then cook onions and garlic until just softened. Let cool.
- In a large bowl mix cooked garlic and onion mix with remaining ingredients. Let the mixture set for 1/2 hour to let flavors blend.
- Form ground beef mixture into 4 patties. Cook 5 minutes per side in a grill pan, frying pan or BBQ.
- Remove burgers from pan/bbq and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.