Blueberry season is officially underway in The Netherlands and I can’t get enough of them. Rich in color, flavor and healthy antioxidants, I snack on these all day long without any guilt. We went a little overboard at the market the other day, so Aaron decided to make fresh blueberry muffins. Lucky me. The result was amazing. Fluffy inside with juicy little berry nuggets. Complete with a gorgeous golden brown top – the best part of any muffin, of course. And as a bonus, he used the extra batter to make a batch of mini muffins. As it turns out I can snack on these all day long too (with guilt).
// RECIPE //
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Wash and dry blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- Whisk sugar, vanilla and eggs together in a large bowl until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Whisk in milk and oil.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Whisk in flour mixture into wet mixture little by little until fully incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Line muffin tins with liners.
- Divide muffin mix into lined tins, trying to divide blueberries evenly.
- Bake in the oven 22-25 minutes until golden brown on top.