When Aaron and I considered starting a blog the number of possible recipes we could include seemed endless. But when it came to narrowing it down to just one for the inaugural post we couldn’t decide. Alas, we settled on one of the few regular, go-to meals we have around here: Mexican Chicken Burgers. It’s easy, simple and delicious. Generally, we go the carb-free, bunless route and enjoy it over a salad, but this can easily be piled on a bun with guacamole, lettuce, tomato and onion. Either way, it’s best if served with a margarita.
// RECIPE //
- 1 pound Ground Chicken (or Ground Turkey)
- 1/2 cup Minced Red Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoon Mexican Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 or 2 tablespoons Chopped Jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon Salt + Pepper
- Mix all ingredients together
- Let sit for 15 minutes in order for the flavors to blend
- Make into 4 patties
- Place patties on grill pan (on high heat). Cook 4-5 minutes per side.